Human Language Technologies Research Center
Human Language Technologies Research Center is a a group of researchers working in different multi-disciplinary areas related to natural language processing, digital humanities, machine learning, digital culture, computational linguistics, arts, and general artificial intelligence.
- topics: natural language processing, digital humanities, machine learning, digital culture, computational linguistics, arts, and general artificial intelligence
- funding: 19 projects (13 nationals, 6 internationals) leaded by nlp members, over 30 projects involving nlp members
Research Center of Data Science
The Applied Data Science Center is a leading scientific center in data science in Bucharest. Its main focus is on applied research for high-impact problems from industry.
- topics: images, text, images + text, anomaly detection, fraud detection
- papers in top conferences and journals such as: CVPR, NIPS, ACL, EACL, PAMI, CVIU
Research Center for Logic, Optimization and Security (LOS)
Main objective: to stimulate interdisciplinary research in the
fields of logic, optimization and security.
- proof mining and applications to optimization, ergodic theory, nonlinear analysis
- convex optimization for machine learning
- signal processing and matrix factorization (dictionary learning)
- security, anomaly detection and anti-money laundry
Models of Computation, Algorithms and Cryptography (MOCALC)
The leader of the MOCALC group
Prof. Victor Mitrana
Formal Methods and Software Engineering (MFIS)
The leader of the MFIS group
Prof. Florentin Ipate