Research As A Service – Iași (RaaS-IS) funded by the Competitiveness Operational Program 2014-2020, Priority Axis: 1. Research, technological development and innovation (RDI) in support of economic competitiveness and business development, Area of intervention – 058 Research infrastructures and innovation (public).
The beneficiary of the project is the “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University of Iasi. The aim of the project is to develop research and development and innovation by creating a cloud center and massive data infrastructure (RaaS-IS center) to provide resources and services for storage, processing and analysis of large data for the academic community, institutions research and research teams from organizations and companies in the area of Iasi and northeastern Moldova.
The purpose of the RaaS-IS project:
- The acquisition of high-performance, reliable and expandable equipment integrated into DCD’s network infrastructure and expertise;
- Formation of a center team to provide assistance and support for the storage, processing and analysis of large data, on different cloud models: IaaS/PaaS/SaaS;
- Provision (to the target groups in the territory of Moldova) of resources, including distributed processing and analysis services of large data, including data sets and models for analysis;
- Facilitating communication between researchers, groups and research institutions, in order to develop joint projects.
- UAIC affiliated researchers in fields such as Biology, Chemistry, Economics, Physics, Computer Science, etc.
- Research institutes in the medical fields, biology, etc. which processes large volumes of data and requires scalable resources and services
- Research teams (from universities and other research bodies) from outside Romania (EU) in which Romanian researchers are involved
- Companies with teams and / or research projects
- Public organizations and institutions (town halls, airports) for departments that require large data processing, such as: intelligent traffic, sensors, GIS systems, etc.